Saturday, September 29, 2012

SPRINT - last microwave contest of the season

I have attended the SPRINT contest from YMCA parking lot in EM48sq on Saturday, September 29, 2012. This was my last microwave activity of the season, for I have to make series of business trips for the rest of the year.

I have achieved one significant goal today - finally, after nearly a year of trying and trying, I have worked Zack W9SZ on 10GHz CW from his location in EN50rl, over 160 miles away. This is my grid #6 from my YMCA location. Thanks for all the patience, Zack!

More details about today's SLAMS club event are available here.

My station today

Terrain profile

Hepburn chart

Weather conditions

Vapor image
(I believe that this made the difference)

73 Herbert
AF4JF






No comments:

Post a Comment